The tower is described thus by The Revd B B Edmonds, vicar of the parish, in his book of 1892 "A History of Great Gransden".
"Eight grotesque gargoyles placed a little below the parapets add beauty to the tower, whilst the leaden covered spirulet, surmounted by a gilded weathercock, raises the height to more than 100 feet".
Church towers are rarely visited by the general public. Open days are occasionally arranged at Great Gransden to give an opportunity for visitors to see the ringing room, clock room and belfry, and to understand a little of bell ringing during demonstration sessions which includes the use of CCTV. Non-ringing visitors who wish to see the bells or clock, or just want to watch us ring are always welcomed. Visiting ringers are welcome to join us on practice nights or by arrangement at mutually convenient times. Access is restricted as laid out in the attached document regarding tower tours.